Anabolic are substances that promote protein synthesis and tissue formation. Generate more complex molecules from simple molecules. This process requires energy. growth, Anabolic steroids are a few versions, made by man, the main male hormone, testosterone.
Hormones are chemical messengers in excitatory and inhibitory action constitute one of the main regulatory mechanisms of the body. The Testosterone is responsible for both androgenic (masculinizing) and anabolic (tissue building).
Anabolic steroids can affect both the nervous system and at neuromuscular junctions.
Another aspect is the fact that people who consume anabolic steroids tend to take other drugs such as diuretics, thyroid hormone, hormone growth , cocaine, marijuana, amphetamines, snuff, Alcohol . Usually take megadoses of nutritional supplements or have a somewhat eccentric diet. The effect of using these combinations of other drugs and supplements is unknown.
– Hepatic adenomas.
– hepatic angiosarcoma.
– intrahepatic cholestasis (variety of drug-induced hepatitis)
– Increased erythropoiesis by stimulating the spinal óasea.
– In men: testicular disorders (atrophy) with impaired spermatogenesis and gynecomastia.
– In the woman. severe virilizing effects
– sodium retention, edema.
– Impaired contraction and relaxation of the left ventricle. This alteration is associated with an increased risk of heart failure or sudden death.